Escrow Officer/ National Closing Specialist – Simi Valley, CA
WFG Lender Services is looking for an experienced Escrow Officer/National Closing Specialist to join our Simi Valley, CA team. The primary function for this position is individual will be responsible for both residential refi and some purchase transactions. Duties include reviewing commitments, coordinating the clearing of title requirements between various parties, preparing HUD statements, closing documents, conducting the closing, and funding the transactions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
- Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest. Purchase transactions only
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title.
- Prepares HUD by utilizing lender instructions.
- Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skill and Educational Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent, required, College degree preferred, At least 2 years of direct escrow officer or senior level assistant experience preferred. Candidates with STAT experience, documented high volume pipeline management will be given extra consideration. Ability to handle high volume refinance accounts.
- Bilingual English- Chinese, English- Spanish preferred, but not required
- Experience with MS Office including Word, Excel is required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate and present at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively prioritize and execute in a fast paced environment.
- High level of demonstrated customer service, and time management skills.
- 3-5 mortgage/ title escrow industry experience preferred, with a minimum of 2 years direct escrow officer experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. STAT Closing operations system knowledge preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as underwriting guideline matrix, lender’s instructions, trust agreements, purchase contracts.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Exposure to Escrow Closings on a National Basis, preferred but not required.
- Exposure to high volume, paperless office environment. Also ok with working with a new, fast growing, high energy company.
- Ok with some overtime, and occasional half day Saturday work.
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Williston Financial Group. WFG provides an outstanding total compensation package including to eligible employee’s medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
WFG is an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone calls please.
Recruiters, staffing and placement agencies please do not call.